Ontario Building Code Part 8, On-site Sewage Systems Exam Prep (November 13-17, 2023) - This event has already occurred
This course deals with the 2012 Ontario Building Code (OBC) requirements for on-site Sewage Systems with design capacity of 10,000 litres per day or less. The OBC technical requirements for these systems are found primarily in Division B., Part 8 of the Code, but also include and refer to other portions of the OBC, the Building Code Act and Supplementary Standard SB6. This course is an introduction to the principles of on-site sewage systems and includes the following topics:
- Requirements under the Building Code Act (BCA) as related to sewage systems
- Site evaluations, test pits and percolation times (T-times)
- System characteristics and daily design flows
- Design and construction of Class 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 sewage systems
- Inspection and review of Class 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 sewage systems
- Operation and maintenance minimum requirements for existing systems, and
- Occupational Health and Safety as related to sewage system inspection or enforcement
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the legal requirements under the BCA and OBC
- Evaluate the site characteristics and determine the options available for the site
- Understand the minimum design requirements for the five classes of on-site sewage systems
- Understand the construction requirements for the various types of systems
- Understand some of the health and safety requirements related to the construction of on-site sewage systems
- Understand the basics of evaluating malfunctioning systems, remedial work and change of use for buildings connected to existing systems.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for on-site sewage system inspectors, designers and supervisors of on-site sewage systems wishing to challenge Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) qualification examinations. On-site sewage system inspectors must have successfully passed the required MMAH examinations and be registered to be employed in the permit approval or inspection of sewage systems. Designers and supervisors must also have successfully passed the Ministry examination and registered be qualified to do design work for permit submissions or be a supervisor for the construction of on-site sewage systems.
Please visit http://www.humber.ca/buildingcodeexams/ for more information on the Ministry Building Code exams.
Your Instructor - Jeffrey Chalmers, CET, CBCO
Jeffrey has over 40 years experience in building code interpretation and enforcement as a plan’s examiner, inspector, chief building official, building code consultant and instructor of building code courses. Jeff has extensive knowledge in all areas of the Ontario code and has helped develop new training courses in the Ontario Building Code and the National Building Code, for training across Canada.
Jeff is a member of OACETT, the OBOA and the OPIA.
Pre-Requisites - None
Please Note: Participants must bring a copy of the 2012 Ontario Building Code Compendium to this class. This document can be purchased from the Service Ontario Publications website: https://www.publications.gov.on.ca/301208
Duration - 5 Days in Class (Lunch and Refreshments Included)
Fee - $975 plus HST
REFUND POLICY -
Kawartha Conservation DOES NOT issue refunds once the course has been partially or substantially completed.
If a refund is requested within 7 days of a course start date, a 50% refund fee will apply. This fee maybe waived or adjusted with CAO approval in extenuating circumstances.
If a refund is requested outside of the 7 days of a course start date, a 10% refund fee will apply.
Feature Image:Septic Photo